OK, I am not one to be a party pooper, so thought I would join in. Here goes, 2006 in review.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I was a landlady (only for a few months, but it was a totally new experience).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well every year I promise myself that I will read LADY CHATTERLY'S LOVER...but haven't done it yet, so I guess we will give it another bash.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my SIL had a baby girl on Christmas night - Sarah Danielle!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Time - hopefully this year we won't spend so much time in the car driving to and from kid's stuff after school - at least this year the travelling time will be cut back!!! Also time with Yogi, as he won't be using up 1.5-2 hours each day in travelling to work.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Surprisingly I can't remember the date, but the month of MAY - Dad's heart bypass. A scary time, and yet also a time where my relationship with Dad grew immensely. (By the way, he is doing amazingly well!!!)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
That would be coordinating an interstate move....phew!!!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
The whole, let's be a healthier person thing.....
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope...healthy as a (very fat) horse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Easy question - my laptop! LOVE IT LOTS
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sister...who bravely made life changing decisions and folllowed them through with courage and a fantastic attitude.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
On occasions, my own...sad but true. Something to work on this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmm, moving, buying a house and buying wardrobes, furniture etc for it!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Buying our new house. One 20min look at it, and we knew we had to have it - before anyone else did!! LOL
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter?
a) on the way to happier...and b) much the same (sadly)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing the trumpet - I keep saying I am going to get it out again....no mercy for the neighbours this year!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It was in my new home....with my family. Lovely.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yep! All over again, with my hubby!!! (He's a lucky man!!! LOL)
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Greys Anatomy...I am totally addicted, and cannot wait for it to start again!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Am not going to waste my energy hating anyone...that's a really strong word.
25. What was the best book you read?
That's a hard one - there were so many.....officially a book worm, among many others, I enjoyed "Two Women of Galilee" by Mary Rourke.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
MY daughter - she plays her flute beautifully and it's a pleasure to listen to her. I hope she gets it out again soon - she put it away after we moved....misses her flute playing mate too much.
27. What did you want and get?
My laptop and a new house. Yes Minister on dvd....
28. What did you want and not get?
CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES....damn it all
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Um Geesh I really don't know....probably still LOVE ACTUALLY - never get sick of it.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Coming out of it a lot thinner.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
33. What kept you sane?
COKE ZERO....who'd have thought? Sugar free coke that tastes like coke!!!!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um, I really don't know?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't know - I know I did get annoyed several times during the year by politics, but it's kinda in one ear and out the other....I don't expect them to act sensibly, so I guess I get used to their idiocy.
36. Who did you miss?
At the end of the year? All of my friends from Vic...a lot. Still missing them at the start of this year, but confident that things will get better for me when I start to meet people here. Will always miss my friends a bit though.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Carolyn, at kinder. Her daughter Natasha went to kinder with Bonnie, and it was really love to chat with someone in the carpark!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
If you really want to do something, you CAN do it. You just have to make it happen
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Believe it or not I'm walkin'on air, never thought I could feel so freee-eee-eee, flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be - believe it or not it's just me!!!!!!!" (hope it wasn't meant to be a new song!!! LOL)